Learn how to resolve common errors encountered when signing in to your Lumina Account
- Incorrect credentials error
- Sign up is disabled when using an identity provider (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Dropbox)
- Unknown error
Incorrect credentials error
Error: Incorrect credentials
This error means that the wrong email or password has been entered. Please check that you have entered the correct details. If you cannot remember your password, you can reset it by selecting the Forgot Password button.
For more help with resetting your password, follow these steps.
Sign up is disabled when using an identity provider (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Dropbox)
Error: Sign up is disabled, please complete the create account form
This error occurs when you try to sign in using an identity provider that is not linked to any Lumina Account. To resolve the issue:
- If you already have a Lumina Account, check that you have selected the correct identity provider. Alternatively, try signing in using the email and password fields on the sign-in page: https://sso.luminalearning.com. If you need to reset your password, follow these steps.
- If it's your first time using the Lumina Portal and you do not have a Lumina Account, you can create an account by following the registration URL provided by your Lumina Learning Practitioner.
- LOGIN_ERROR_UNKNOWN LOGIN TICKET.
If you receive these errors or any other error that does not explain how to solve the problem, please try the following steps in order:
Open a private browsing tab in your browser.
If you have been asked to complete a questionnaire, go to the registration URL provided by your Lumina Learning Practitioner. If you do not have a registration URL, go to the sign-in page at https://sso.luminalearning.com/login.
- If you are able to sign in using the private browsing tab, a corrupted cookie or other data in your browser cache may be preventing you from signing in when you use a standard tab. Clear your browser's cookies and cache, then try to sign in again using a standard tab.
If you are unable sign in using a private browsing tab in your normal browser, open the Google Chrome browser and repeat steps 1 and 2 (download Chrome here if it is not already installed).
Check that your network speed is high enough by using the speed testing tool here. A very slow network (<0.5mbps) can cause your sign-in attempt to fail because the necessary data cannot be loaded. The solution is to use another network with a faster connection speed.
If your network speed is high and you still cannot sign in, the problem may be caused by restrictions on your internet connection (for example, restrictions put in place by your company's IT team).Try using another network connection, such as your home network or mobile data connection. If you are able to sign in, please contact the person who administers your internet connection (for example, your company's IT team) who will be able to troubleshoot further.
If the problem still exists on other networks, the issue may be caused by a browser extension or add-in that is interfering with your sign-in request. Please disable the extensions one by one, each time returning to the sign-in page to attempt to sign in.
If your problem is not resolved by the steps on this page, please contact our Support Team. Please include the following in your message:
- Your full name.
- Your email address (if you have an account, please state your account's registered email address).
- The questionnaire registration URL, if you are trying to register to complete a questionnaire.
- A description of the steps that you have taken, including which of the troubleshooting steps above you have tried.
- Attach screenshots of the error, showing the entire screen with the address bar and URL visible.